Did you know that 1.5 million Americans have been victims of medical identity theft according to a recent study by The Ponemon Institute, sponsored by ProtectMyID.com®? Also, 11.1 million Americans have suffered from some form of identity theft according to a study by Javelin Strategy and Research. That is a great number of people to have been victimized by a fraudster.
In order to battle identity thieves, ProtectMyID.com offers features specifically designed to help you protect yourself from identity theft. The following features are available to you, once you have become a member with ProtectMyID.com:
1. ProtectMyID.com monitors its members’ credit reports at all three credit bureaus daily and sends alerts if there are any key changes. An “all clear” message is sent on a regular basis if no changes are detected so members can be confident the product is working for them.
2. Members are contacted if key changes to their credit report or personally
identifiable information are detected that could indicate fraud or suspicious activity, including:
• New accounts opened
• New applications for credit
• Address changes reported from multiple sources
• Public record changes
• Potentially negative information on credit files
• Daily Internet scanning for the presence of personal information on the Internet
3. With ProtectMyID.com, consumers aren’t on their own, as with other ID theft protection products. Through its comprehensive solution, ProtectMyID.com provides members with dedicated Fraud Resolution Agents to act as their advocates and work with them to resolve any fraud issues and reclaim their good name.
4. ProtectMyID.com looks to satisfy the needs of all members in a way that makes sense for their lifestyles, offering the convenience of choosing how they would like to receive their membership information. The two options are:
• Online: Members can receive all communication via email and through the user-friendly Web site.
• U.S. Mail: Members can elect to apply for membership by phone and receive all communication via U.S. mail.
5. ProtectMyID.com is passionate about helping its members defend themselves against the financial losses caused by identity theft. Its Product Guarantee will reimburse for up to $1 million in related losses and expenses in the event the product fails and the member becomes a victim of identity theft. If a member is able to take advantage of the product Guarantee, ProtectMyID.com may also reimburse for stolen funds from unauthorized ATM, debit and credit card transactions for which the member may be personally liable. The Product Guarantee is subject to limitations, see our website for details.